One of the most maddening thing when cleaning a bathroom is the accumulated dirt in the bathtub drain. This does not only make your bathroom dirty but also can be a slow-emptying draining process. Even, you cannot call the plumber every time you find the dirt stuck inside. This is costly and you should unclog it by yourself. Hence, remember to keep some stuff and procedures at hands so you can fix it anytime you need them.
Best Way to Unclog Bathtubtran
Luckily, there is the best way to unclog bathtub ran only with some kitchen stuff. The main ingredient is you only need the baking soda and white vinegar.
- First thing first, pours 1/2 cup baking soda followed with 1 cup white vinegar into the drain and let it sit for five minutes to foam. The mixture will loosen the mild blockage and dirt. After that, you can run the hot water for 30 seconds to let the blockage dissolve completely. Then, check the drain whether the drainage can flow the water quickly or not.
- Secondly, you need to open the drain opening then plunge it four or five times while running the hot water to examine the drainage. Repeat the step until you are sure that the water can flow easily.
- If you have the heavier blockage, you can simply remove the drain cover or simply unscrew it using a screwdriver.
- The last, you need to put on your gloves and then push your pipe sneak into the drainage until it hits the blockage. Push a bit until the pipe stuck on the blockage and then pull it vigorously. You can also use the electric pipe snake which is now available everywhere.
- Once you have done, you can rinse the drainage with the hot water to make sure all the dirt has gone and avoided bacteria buildup.