Bathtup leaked is the common problem that we found in the bathroom. Whereas the most of them are the single handle faucet which wears an O-ring around the valve stem. Should you know that you can fix this bathtup faucet leaking by yourself where you can save that plumber’s bill to buy another toiletry.
Here are the steps:
- Provide the new part of the faucet before going to fix them up.
Make sure that the new part of your faucet is available. Should you know the part of it and inspecting which part of it that broke or get problems.
- Remove the faucet handle.This part is the hardest one. Over the time, corrosion makes them even more difficult to take off. You may loosen the screw of the holding faucet then remove them off. Don’t forget to place the screw in the visible place because you need them back when you install the new one.
- Replace the stem part of your faucet properly.
Use a pair of pliers to grasp the broken valve stem. Then, remove the O-ring of the valve stem. Before doing this action, you should know which part of your faucet is getting trouble.
- Apply the small silicone grease to the new O-ring and slide them down into the valve stem.This kind of thing is very important to have to prevent the bathtup faucet leaking in the future.
- Ensure all the part is replaced properly. Then, put back the new faucet with the screw firmly. It will guarantee that your faucet will not be leaking in the near future.
- Check it back by closing and opening the water faucet few times. It also helps any dirt or debris blew out through the water flow. If you think there is no bathtup faucet leaking anymore, clean all around you. It is ready to use.